Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Matthew 11:28-30

“Come to me, all of you who are struggling and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”

- Matthew 11:28-30

Here is another beautiful picture of the loving care that our God has for us. Y’shua, Jesus, wants us to come to him. Why? So that he can give us our marching orders? No. So that we can go out into the world and work, work, work for God? No. So that we can find rest for our weary souls. In this day and age that is a very welcome invitation. Y’shua is an oasis in a dry and thirsty land. He wants us to come to him – all of us who are struggling and burdened by whatever life has thrown at us. He will give us rest. Then when we learn from him and allow ourselves to be yoked with him, we will indeed find rest for our souls because we will have stopped struggling in our own works, our works of the flesh, and will be able to enter into God’s perfect rest for us. It’s an offer too good to pass up!

Back to Under The Shadow Of His Wing

No comments: